Monday, May 30, 2011

I broke my rib

I broke my Rib. It hurts. I mean really hurts. I broke it almost four weeks ago and it still hurts.  I am not a wimp mind you.  I have had Five major surgeries that I can remember. Most of them for stupid stuff. Several knee surgeries, a hernia; I am a frequent guest of the emergency room. When they get to know you by first name its a sign that you may be doing something wrong.  I picked this subject to talk to you about because it brings to mind how much those who are currently suffering at our VA  hospitals have given for our freedom.  Some are alone and some have family. Please keep them in mind. Go by a VA hospital and bring some gifts of magazines or maybe donate an old playstation or xbox. Maybe just pray for them and their family. But please be mindful that our freedom is not free.  For some the pain may never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment